Thursday, December 22, 2011

Twilight

Right now I am rereading Twilight by Stephanie Meyers. This time, I am trying to focus more on the actual emotions and conflicts the characters are having, and not just swoon at everything that comes out of Edward's mouth. I'm having a rough time.
I've been thinking a lot about who the antagonist is. There is an obvious one, but I am not so sure if that is the only one. The obvious pick for antagonist is James and his little group of evil vampires. They are the thing getting in the way of Bella and Edward being together, and Bella staying alive. This is probably the most practical choice, too, the other thoughts I had were a bit less literal. For example, I thought that Bella's awkwardness and shyness and lack of self-confidence could be an antagonist. She is very self aware, and it does get in the way or her and Edward having a healthy relationship. And the last thought I had was another pretty obvious one. I think that just the fact that Edward is a vampire could be an antagonist. It is the reason that them being together is even a problem at all.
So those are my theories. I think that Bella's shyness is probably not a valid antagonist, but who knows. So… thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment