Delia's post was really interesting and stood out to me. It was about a book called The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery. She made some really interesting points about norms and how people act. It really reminded me of some of the things we discussed while rereading books, like The Giver and A Wrinkle in Time. Paloma feels alone in a society of shallow people, and that seems very similar to the "perfect worlds" in those books.
I thought it was really sad how Renee got to the point of conforming to the rest of society. Like, it really got so bad having to deal with everyone else being so shallow that she just gave up. Like it wasn't even worth it anymore, which is really relatable, actually. Sometimes I feel like something has gone on too long, or it's never going to get fixed, and I'll just give up. But it's still really sad.
This post totally made me want to read the book, like I actually think I will. She really made it seem like a really suspenseful, interesting book. And I really felt like the characters had a certain appeal to them, the way she described them.
So, Delia, if you're reading this, your blog is super awesome, and everything you write makes me want to read that book. Also, I'm stealing your idea and making a 'Books Finished' list on my blog.
~Lulu <3
No comments:
Post a Comment