So, the end of the year has come. And thinking about it, I haven't taken this blog seriously. I posted like, twelve times, and never commented. I think it does have something to do with the fact that it is online. I don't have to then face a teacher and tell them I don't have my homework. I can just never do it. I think I have gotten something out of the blogging experience though. For one, I've become a faster typer, haha. But I think it's taught me something about my work in general. No matter what it is or who is seeing it, go through it with some integrity. Do it to the best of your ability. You can't justify not doing it with the fact that you won't be confronted about it.
I think that people can be either more real or more fake online. Personally, when I'm online, I like to show a polished version of myself. It's not exactly fake, but it certainly does not reflect what I'm like on a daily basis. It shows what I'm like at my best. Everything online is a very thought out decision. You are making the decision to put it out there. There aren't many opportunities for something to just slip out of your mouth. If there's an ugly picture of you, you can take it down. I think that it's okay for you to put out that sort of image of yourself. It's like making a first impression. An online account of yours could be a first impression of you to millions of people. If you go out with the knowledge you will be meeting new people, odds are you are going to want to look your best. Is that fake? I think the same rules apply to the internet as real life in that scenario.
I think what I mentioned earlier about not doing my homework on this blog is sort of like cyber bullying. The idea behind cyber bullying is you don't have to face the person you are bullying. I would never bully someone, but I guess I understand why someone would want to do it online. It's easier to do something and feel like you've gotten away with it if you never have to talk about it in person.
I don't think I'll keep up this blog. Or start another one. I'll say I'll keep it up, but it will never happen. I do that a lot...
GOODBYE AND I LOVE YOU... WHOEVER YOU ARE!
-Lulu <3
Ooh and PS, the best book I've read all year is- BY FAR- The Earth, my Butt, and Other Big Round Things. The worst was Comedy in a Minor Key by Hans Keilson. I really hated that book.
No comments:
Post a Comment