Sunday, June 03, 2012

The Diary of Anne Frank

In the diary of Anne frank, Anne shows as a very normal and relatable girl. She talks about her everyday life, boys, it is all  very average. But when you think about what she is going through, it shows what a strong person she is. She has been in this same house for months at this point, and she remains a sane person. I respect and even look up to her for that. I like to think of myself as a strong person. And if nothing, I am very independent. But if I was forced to stay in a house for months with only my family and a journal, I would absolutely loose it. And I feel like being able to stay so together as she does is a very good trait to have. Like in social studies right now we are learning about the trenches in world war one. They have some of the worst conditions imaginable, and people still have to keep it together for the time they spend there. And we were discussing in class how important it is to have such resilience when you are a soldier. We even said at one point that it was just as important as being physically fit. And to think that some of the grown men in the military cant have that strength, but a thirteen year old girl can have so much of it, just seems so crazy. It really makes me admire Anne frank. I don't think I could have ever held it together in her conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment