Thursday, May 03, 2012

Catching Fire

In Catching Fire, Katniss is back in the Hunger Games. She has teamed up with Peeta and Finnick. At first, she was skeptical about Finnick, but went with it because Haymitch told her he was alright. As time went on in the arena, Katniss became more and more trusting of Finnick. But now that she is trusting of him, it makes me worry. Only one person can come out of the arena, so Finnick really is out to get her. And she is out to get Finnick.
I don't believe that Katniss has the heart to form any sort of relationship with a person and then kill them. That is against basically everything she believes. So forming an alliance with anyone except for Peeta in the Games would really be a mistake for her. This is the first problem that occurs to me when I think of them being allies. But then there is the aspect of Finnick being out to get Katniss. For starters, he is a thousand times stronger than Katniss. He could overpower her in any situation. But in the condition that he is in now, right after killing Mags, and Peeta and Katniss basically saving his life, he seems harmless. He seems too hurt to even care about winning the Games. And if I were in his situation, I would feel the same. I couldn't live with killing all those people in the first games, and then having to kill those who you thought you would never have to kill afterwards. I would honestly want to lose the Games.
I feel like everything I'm thinking about relates back to how the Capitol affects everyone, but especially the winners of the Games. Katniss and Peeta have nightmares every night, and they probably will never trust anyone but each other again. I really feel bad for Finnick right now. Standard procedure for the Games is to kill and walk away, not feel a thing. But in this part of the book, Finnick is just so upset about killing Mags. This is really the only time he has shown not being handsome and tough. It's sweet.
So that is my jumble of feelings about Catching Fire, and hatred towards the Capitol.

No comments:

Post a Comment